- The City submitted a list of 30 local street and transportation projects estimated to cost over $182 million as potential candidate projects for Federal economic Stimulus funding. Our water and sewer lines are old and desperately need updating -- we could help Vallejo by updating our infrastructure and create/maintain jobs, which is what the Stimulus bill is all about.
- Costs to replace streetlights due to copper wire thefts have recently cost the City $64,000. We recently installed a $36,000 vandal proof system that is already slowing down the theft rate.
- The City is working on a Residential Abandoned and vacant Building Urgent Ordinance with Code Enforcement, which will be presented to Council at the end of February. I have participated in several meetings with Code Enforcement and local real estate professionals, who are volunteering their expertise to help draft the best and most useful ordinance.
- The first volunteer anti-graffiti paint-out of 2009 is scheduled for Saturday, January 31 at 8:30 a.m. If you'd like to join us, please call (707) 648-4230 to sign up.
- I am working with local artists to create a mural for the wall on Marin Street next to the barber shop where Jonathon Brunson was killed. The draft theme is "Silence the Violence – Take a Stand." I hope to get broad community involvement, particularly youth.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Posted by Stephanie at Saturday, January 24, 2009